Friday, September 2, 2016

A Would like to list - breaking into categories

Since the beginning of this year I've been running my "Would like to do" list. It is pretty large now and it keeps growing. As of today it has more than 150 items. The list is irrational and associative. I put in everything I feel like I would like to do or learn someday in the future. It includes a general knowledge info, artists and musicians I never explores, new habits I'd like to have. And I live working with this list because that way my head doesn't get overloaded with ideas and I keep it written down so I don't forget any of it. But there's a catch. Since I write everything down pretty irrationally there's no order or logic in it.

So I decided to break my list into categories. I created an Excel document to to keep my wish list in order. That way I would be able to see what areas I'm really interested in and what areas I check out more often. So at this point I have a group of Artistic development, Books to read, Movies to watch, Music to listen to, General and Wellness categories. Which means that as of this moment I can choose a subject I could concentrate on.

The nice thing is that now, when it all came to order I really want to start doing things now and not postpone it to the beginning of 2017. Things like learn some new recipes. Or start my own 365 project. Or learn how to create balloon animals.

I still have four months till this end of the year. I'm not in a hurry but I do hope that some of the items will be checked out by the end of December. Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment